1/06/2011

#2

<P!nk, I'm Not Dead>

          When I was in Canada, I really enjoyed collecting albums. I have about 25 albums of Avril Lavigne, Lady Gaga, Lady Sovereign, Ke$ha, Rihanna, Nickel Back, Justin Bieber, Kathy Perry... etc. In all of these CDs I own, 'I'm Not Dead' by Pink is the most favourite one of all. Although I like all of them, Pink has something magical that works like magnet that pulls people to listen her sing.
           Pink's birth name is Alecia Beth Moore. I think the name 'Pink' fits more to her than Alecia. :P She was borned in September 8, 1979 in Deylestown, Pennsylvania, the US. Pink is most famous for punk and rock, but she also sings genres of pop, pop rock, R&B, dance, and rarely balade. She plays guitar, piano, keyboard, drums and vocals. She has a cool husky voice, the one that I want to have. Maybe the husky voice came from her hard vocal training, but still. It's fabulous.
           Her greatest hits are "Who Knew", "U+Ur Hand","Stupid Girls", "So What", "Sober", "Please Don't Leave Me", and "Glitter in the Air". My album of hers only have the first three. All of the above are super-duper-ultra-extremely good. P!nk was rewarded with ten Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 US hits, tow Grammy Awards, 5 MTV Video Music Awards, and 2 Brit Awwards. She sold more than 30 million albums worldwide. Forbes Magazine in 2010 named Pink the 27th most powerful celebrity, with $44 millin earned between June 2009 and June 2010. Can you believe it? $44,000,000 in a year? Holy molly macaroni.That should prove that she is one of the most greatest singers EVER! 

          In the CD, 'I'm Not Dead', there are 15 tracks to enjoy and there are few songs that are mind-grabbing. My favorite is 'Dear Mr.President'. It's one of the most rare ballade songs that P!nk sang. (Although it somehow sounds a bit like punkish) Anyhow, in the song, Pink talks about how the presidents don't care about his people. I'll write th lyrics for you. :)



Dear Mr.President

Dear Mr.President, come take a walk with me
Let's pretend, we're just two people and
You're not better than me
I'd like to ask you some questions, if we can speak honestly
What do you feel when you see all the homeless on th street?
Who doyou pray for at night before you go to sleep?
What to you feel when you look in th mirror?
Are you proud?

How do you sleep while the rest of us cry?
How do you dream when a mother has no chance to say goodbye?
How do you walk with you head held high?
Can you even look me in the eye, and tell me why?

and on and on and on.


So, I hope you too will like it.
I posted the live video at the top so... enjoy! :)

No comments: